Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
On the knitting front, Linda H and I will be making a trek to Columbus on Saturday to take a knitting class. Yes, we are nerds. Knittin' Knerds. (isn't that just the nerdiest? yes?) I think that I have too much free time on my hands and if this keeps up, I'm going to have to buy a tv and rot my brain that way. Ok, who am I kidding? tv is evil and reading knitting blogs all day is great! And with that comment should follow pictures of stuff, like Harriet the Hamster. Or the project du jour. The only glitch is that I carry my camera in my bag, but I have nary a picture to prove it. I even put in fresh batteries. And the cord disappeared. That's alright, since I need less stuff in my life, right? OK, the cord needs to reappear, but I need to de-clutter. Friend Carrie and I were chatting the other night and she just laughed at my clutter complaints. She saw my house in Rajshahi where all possible surfaces were cover, nay, piled with things, while my floors were clean (thanks to a bua), and the same thing happened while we were roomies in Dhaka. And she also reminded me of the infamous 'Dirt-o-Meter'. I am fine with dirt up until a certain amount and then, when that amount of dirt has amassed, cleaning must happen. And that is what is happening right now in my house. The dirt-o-meter rang loud and clear and housecleaning ensued. Just the clutter on surfaces remain. I need to get better. Or hire help.
Maybe after I get a sugardaddy. That would help the financing of a housekeeper.
I'm just saying
Sunday, November 11, 2007
- Went to NYC with Megan and Sweetie to watch Megan run the marathon. Megan rocks, can we all agree to this? And Sweetie (whom also rocks).... well, he gave up all of his points so that we could stay in Manhattan without any of us giving up a first-born child. My checkbook did a happy dance. And we also met Dennis who is also darn wonderful! When Megan passed out (beware of your salt intake when running), he was Johnny on the Spot and just a all-around good sport.
- The knitting has been good, but I'm still a year behind in projects. Of course, every knitter knows this and works with this knowledge. I have two sets of socks on needles, a Jilli hat still being worked on, a scarf for myself in a lovely basketweave pattern and probably others.... I haven't looked too hard into my knitting basket lately. And I signed up to for an entrelac class with Linda H. for a Saturday this month. Talk about good times. Then, I can start the afgan that I have a pattern and yarn for in entrelac. No pressure, right?
- I contemplated moving to Tonga. This is what reading National Geographic will do to a girl on a particularly slow day at work. Maybe I could re-up for PC and go there. They still have an active program there. hmmm... if grad school doesn't work out, maybe Tonga could be the place for me.
- Gift bags. I won't go into detail of what I purchased to go into the gift bag, but all they need is tissue paper and something that can't be added until the week of giving, but other than that, it is finished. Yeah for being ahead of the game for once. :)
- Grad school application. It was in a while ago, but I won't hear a response until the middle of November, which is coming closer and closer. I've pushed it out of my mind, otherwise I'd drive myself to distraction and then some. I just don't have a good feeling, so I'm looking up other grad schools for future application. Or maybe in the back of my mind I just don't want to jinx it. Who knows, but I'm sure a future therapist will have fun trying to find out.
- I went on my first date in years. And when I say years, I literally mean it. He was a nice guy and it was a pressure-free evening. I feel good about it, even if it doesn't go anywhere and I get a new friend out of it. I've broken that non-dating barrier so that I might have a chance to reproduce within the next decade or so. Sounds stupid doesn't it? Now I just have to think positively and maybe wrangle another date.
- Cleaning out my closet. OK, so this isn't completely 100% done, but it has been started. I got tired of living out of my laundrybaskets, so slowly, the clothes have been finding their way back to hangers and drawers. I've given up on ironing, however, since I've misplaced my iron, but still have my ironing board.
Ok, my rant is over for now. I can't think of anything else I've done lately. Or I will think of something the minute this is posted.
Ya know... I haven't heard hardly enough updates of folks. Send an email or leave a comment with a personal update. I'd love to hear from you and it ups your chance of getting a gift bag for Christmas!