Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Monday, January 02, 2006

happy new year!

Happy New Year! I am writing this entry in flannel pajamas, very cute slippers and at my mom's kitchen table. It was nice to spend the holidays at home and to see what everyone was up to. I played with babies, talked to everyone and just waiting for the cultural shock to be over.

This past weekend helped me a little with the cultural shock some. I went down on Friday and met Sweetie and his folks, Berkley and Stella at the Tuttle Mall and had dinner with them. Sweetie and I parted ways with them and then went on a small tour of Upper Arlington to view the Christmas lights and a quick stop to Caribou to drink a Hot Apple Blast. My tummy was so happy! We went back to his place and crashed for the night. The next day we had a lovely breakfast out at Cracker Barrel for Sweetie's belated birthday treat - too much food! We then went and did a little shopping at Target and watched a movie - The Producers - it is too funny! Sweetie got ready for a New Years' wedding and I bowed out of going out with Alison for New Years. That's right, I stayed at home, ordered in pizza and watched Scooby Doo on TV, falling asleep by 11:00 that night. I loved every minute of it! I needed that little bit of 'Laura Time'. Sweetie woke me up at 2 a.m. while I was sleeping on the couch and I think that we talked a little bit. The next morning, we just lounged around and read the Sunday paper. I met up with Heather Hissom and had a wonderful Mexican lunch and shopped for South Asia spices. I met up with Alison in Worthington and we did a little more shopping and we ate at the Happy Greek. I now love Happy Greeks..... soooo tasty! I finally went home with all of my new spices and cute pink with coffee mug slippers and am now enjoying a quiet day home.

OK, while my life is boring, I'm soooo stinkin' happy to have a boring life for the moment!

However... with that being said, life should not be too boring, so I have decided that I have a personal goal of learning various things before I'm 30 (July 24, 2007). Here is my list. If you have any suggestions or anything like that, please let me know...

Things to Learn Before I'm 30
1. learn to shoot rifles and handguns
2. learn to drive a motorcycle
3. learn to properly ride a horse
4. learn how to play a string instrument (banjo or guitar)
I'm not sure of anything else... I know there must be something else I really want to learn, but I just can't think of it at the moment. hmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will help you with the horse riding bit. Just let me know. We'll leave your dad covering the office one beautiful spring afternoon and head to the barn. You'll have your choice of horse that hasn't given birth yet!