Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

when toes don't match

I have a problem. My toes don't match. I am knitting up a super-cute pair of socks for my mom and I neglected to write down my stitch count for the first one. This wouldn't be so bad if I had knit the socks back to back (or heel to heel), but I didn't. I went on a left foot frenzy. So now, I'm trying to match Toe #2 to Toe #1 and having a horrible time. I've already knit the toe 3 times, but the sucker is still not coming out good. I think that I will have to start yet again. 4th time the charm?

Life is not good for a sock knitter when her socks don't match.

No comments: