Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

my noodle has been used

And it is tired! Today, the ladies of the Mt. Zion United Methodist Church made noodles. I was amongst their number and was the next to youngest present (I'm almost 31. That's sad.). We made 7 batches of dough and I have no clue how many pounds of noodles that it makes. Just suffice it to say that I was covered in sweat and flour. And I'm going back for more.

If you will be in the Jumbo, Ohio area on the 17th of July, please stop down at McDonald Grange Hall and have a bite of dinner. Freewill donation for dinner that will go towards the church's bills. A good time will be had by all. Promise. If you say otherwise, we'll sick God and Jesus on 'ya. (Ok, probably not, but you never know what little old ladies will do next.)

No comments: