Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Sunday, August 14, 2005

good news finally!!!

OK, campers, we have some good news! Grandma F. made it through surgery ok and has a new hip to prove it. Yeah for her! Also, my Honey Rana is coming this Thursday for a much-needed visit. His sister Lata is coming with an entourage on Wednesday (with siblings Diba and Raja and Baby Sama), so I'll finally get to meet Baby Sama. It'll be nice to visit with normal folks here in Dhaka. I plan on going over for tea on a regular basis, so it'll just be like living in Rajshahi again.

Other good news is that Friend Allison got a new job and moved to new digs! Good for her!!! Check out her good news by clicking on her link on the left side of the screen.

Well, today is a half-day hartal (strike), but Roomie Aliza and I both came into work. I forget what the hartal is about, but that's normal for me. It might be over the mobile court that is going around and looking into all the food factories and resturants and closing them down if they are unhygenic or putting crap in the food to make cheaper to produce or something to that affect. The factory owners and restauranteers are protesting it, even though the mobile court has found really disgusting stuff, like fertilizer in cookies and spoiled food being mixed with good food to disguise the fact that it's gone off. This means I'm only buying foreign cookies from now on!

Take care and enjoy sanitary restaurants!

1 comment:

allie said...

Glad to see things are starting to brighten up!