Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Monday, August 08, 2005

Rain drops are falling on my head....

So, it's raining here without a hint that its going to stop in the near future. I think that the rainy season is going out like a lion this year, so I'm prepping for flooding. Extra food stocked up with water bottles full to the brim and waiting for days that we won't go outside at all. It isn't helping the mildew problem, but I know that the sun will come out to play one day in the near future. Or at least I hope it does.

New Roomie Aliza is dealing well with the rain, so that is a good thing. I think that she is getting bored, but that is just part of living in the 'Desh during the rainy season or really any season for that matter. As an only child, I can pretty much entertain myself to a large extent. Only after living here can I honestly say that I have felt boredom. This only happens when your house is clean (or as clean as your going to get it), the laundry is done, there is nothing to cook and you've read every single book in the house, including the Bible and dictionary, you have nothing to write in your diary and you're not tired enough to take a nap again.

OK, campers, enjoy being hot and dry and entertained. Take care.

No comments: