Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Sunday, November 20, 2005

at least it's not dengue

Dengue is out and about in fine form this year! I've heard of several people coming down with it. Dengue, for those not in the know, is commonly known as 'break-bone fever'. It is a mosquito-born disease that causes a fever, soar joints (thus the break-bone part) and general unpleasantness. There is no cure and no preventative meds for it. The only treatment is Tylenol and rest. Hemorrhagic dengue is the worst case scenerio and can kill you fairly quickly unless you receive treatment. So with all this worst case scenerio before you, my unhappy tummy is nothing in comparison. I can't complain, since it could easily be worse.

This weekend I was a social butterfly. I was supposed to go to the German Club, but cancelled out at the last minute with fatigue! I was so stinkin' tired of a whole week of work, that a snack at the American Club did me in. The next day I went shopping with Helyn and bought some beautiful cloth to make into western clothes. Then I ate the roll that did me in the next day. That evening, I made my way to fellow bideshis Eric and Danielle's house for Eric's 30th birthday party. Carrie and I made it home about midnight and that night, I was up a few times. Then the next day, I competely crashed and stayed in my jammies all day.

On a more personal note, Rana and I have broken up. This means that I have no current plans after my contract with Save ends in December. I'm thinking about grad school in the fall, but there is alot of time between now and then. I would really like to get more experience in development, since I would really like to be employed once I leave grad school and most jobs require experience. Catch-22 on that one. So, if you have any ideas about my future, please feel free to write, but keep in mind that I won't necessarily follow any/all advice.

Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, you are still in my prayers.
LeeAnn

Kristin said...

I'm very sorry to hear about you and Rana. :( I think of you often....we need to chat sometime!

Andrew said...

So sorry to hear about your break up. I know that the curve balls of life can sometimes throw us for a big loop. If I can be of any help let me know. Remember my spare room is always yours for the taking and Trevor is a great buddy to hang out with.

Meg said...

Laura--

sorry to hear about your breakup. No wonder you feel ill! On this side of the globe I spent the weekend in my jammies not gettin much sleep either.

I hope that this one great love will move you to an even bigger love, that will value every cell that makes you, you.

peace-- mnhk