Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

and the beat goes on

I've been sick for the past couple of days and it reminded me of what will and won't happen in the States. Here is a small list of stuff that I've been thinking about in the last week.

I probably won't contract a parasite. (I'm currently infested with pin worms! GROSS!)
I won't have black snot from the pollution and dust.
I will be able to eat pork and cheese.
I won't be able to wear extremely funky clothes.
I will freeze my butt off.
My work week won't start on Sunday, but on Monday. Therefore, I can say "Thank Goodness for Friday," instead of "Thank Goodness for Thursday," which doesn't have the same ring.
I'll be home for Christmas just like the song says.

There is probably more, but I can't think of it now...

Take care and I'll be seeing you soon.

2 comments:

Meg said...

LIVE IT UP! Enjoy every Bangladeshie second you get!

Big Love-- meg

Andrew said...

When you're feeling better I'll fire up the furnace and get out the sausage!