Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Thursday, January 04, 2007

7 months and counting

Over the New Year, I went to Chicago to visit and I stayed with Sweetie. I had a delightful time and really tied one on New Years Eve, though Friend Megan and just about everyone else did too. I believe my liver is slightly pickled from the experience. I also went to High Tea at the Drake Hotel downtown and enjoyed the aum-bie-ance of the joint. Flying home out of Midway was a long process, but Mom and Dad were nice enough to pick me up. And now back to the grind.

If you have made a red scarf for the orphan project, then some time in January you need to give it to me or mail it in yourself. Check out the link to the right and click your way to that mailing info.

As for the 7 remaining months until my 30th birthday, I still have yet to accomplish anything on my To Learn List. However, I am getting closer. Santa brought me mandolin books and a one-time certificate for a lesson. And I believe that I have talked my knitting guru Jane into a sock lesson. Cousin Jamie has promised riding lessons after giving birth for the forth time and I still have yet to nail Dad down for the long-ago promised shooting lesson. The motorcycle stuff will have to wait until warm weather. I get full-body shivers just looking at someone on a motorcycle this time of year (and yes, I saw someone just around Christmastime riding one).

So, until later, 'gator. Have a good New Year!

No comments: