Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

it was soooo cold....

...I almost considered marriage. This is truly the single girls issue... no one to put their cold feet on while in bed in the dead of winter. I hate winter and all the crap (read: snow, ice, brisk winds) that comes with it. I now have to take my inflate-a-bed into the living room to sleep, since my bedroom is so cold. This is ridiculous! I firmly protest winter!!! grrr...

Did I mention that I have been giving quite a few speeches as of late? I spoke at a Mother's Club and the at the Professional Business Women's organization. If this keeps up, I will be on a speaking circuit or some crazy thing.

But, now for the super-exciting things in my life.... my knitting. I just started working with a new yarn that is bobbly and leaf green (so it has a few hues of green) and it looks lacy with just a stockinette stitch. Easy work, looks harder than it is, equals a lovely satisified feeling of contentment. ahhh.... This is such a cute yarn, that I think that I might try expanding to make a shawl with it. I'll have to see if I can make the gage to fit and give it a whirl.

No comments: