Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

and now everything is back to normal

Or at least, normal as it ever gets! I have a shower that works, I'm much cleaner and I have new pictures. Life is getting better. I even snow blowed (is this an actual term or did I just make it up?) Mom and Dad's drive this morning, so I even got my good deed in for today, to boot.

As for the pictures, one is my office mate Jilli. She can be demanding at times, but is cute enough that I over look it.

View from my desk

So, last weekend, Friend Alison came up to visit and see the Bullriding that the family insurance business is co-sponsering. I thought that I would ball up and freeze right then and there! It was in the single digits, if that, and with the wind blowing, is was in the negative. Jason F said that it was heated this year, so I did not dress in layers. Mistake #1. Mistake #2 was just wearing my Converse low-tops with just one pair of socks. I believe that I am lucky to say that I have all 10 toes and both feet attached, but just barely! We arrived an hour before the riding started to get a good seat. I also brought my knitting along with me, since I knew that I would be an hour in waiting. My Aunt Lisa gave me crap about it, but then turns around and puts an order in for a scarf. Good Grief!

So, finally to the hot cowboy.... er, exciting bullriding part. These guys looked like puppies! I don't know if any of them could legally buy me a drink, but they were up there on top of these massive bulls, riding them for all they were worth. I don't know if I could ever let my kid do something that dangerous, but then these kids were probably over 18. Maybe. Any who, here is the only good-ish picture I got.

Some mama let her baby to grow up to be a cowboy

You know you live in the country when this is a good time had by all. Yee-haw.

No comments: