Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Sunday, February 25, 2007

lazy Sunday


I'm seeing a trend here. I'm not all sure that it is a good trend.


Sock update! There is a heel, but haven't figured out 'turn'.


Also, I have been knitting gifts this week. One will have to be posted at a later date, but these can go on right now, especially since they are 8 and 10 and can't view anything on the web without their Mommy's permission.


The dark purple/blue is Hope's and the cotton candy blue is Shelby Lou's.

Isn't it just great that my biggest, fattiest needles match the scarf? And with these two scarves almost completed, that just makes two more I have to do and I might just call it a season. And just in time for Spring. Isn't it just fitting? Oh, well, they will have to be saved and worn next year.

When good gauge goes bad.

I was swatching a new yarn that is super cute and cuddly for a baby blanky (I know 5 pregnant girls, beware of the water!) and found out that it won't work for the intended project, so back to the yarn store I go. glitch. The one skein I have broken out will go for something else, but the others will make their home back at the store. I love you yarn, but not enough to store you until 'the project' comes across my purview.

So, just in case you were wondering what I do since I don't have a TV babysitter, this is it. And I also am reading trashy novels. I'm not a proud trashy novel reader, more along the lines of a 'Oh, please don't ask me what I'm reading', ashamed trashy novel reader. I need to read something a touch more enlightening or the trash will rot my brain.

Oh, and for the folks who have offered up their old TVs or rarely used ones, thank you. I appreciate the offer. I really do. But I'm not going back to my daily TV induced coma. I do cheat and go to Mom and Dad's house and watch all the shows that they Tivo for me (CSI (Vegas and NYC) and The Closer and the occasional Knitty Gritty) and do my laundry, but then it's back to no-TVland for me. I get more accomplished, my house stays somewhat cleaner and I return more calls. I think that this is a bonus for me and I might have to keep doing without.

No comments: