Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Thursday, March 08, 2007

gettin' stuff done Thursday

I decided that progress should be made. I also decided that change was good. This time I decided that radical change was not the way to go (read: last 3 moves, last big, radical haircut, joining Peace Corps), so I bought a hamster instead. She's a Golden Hamster named Harriet the Hamster. She's a cute little bugger and has only escaped once in first 24 hours of me owning her. Which is good, right? I'm also now the owner of a Critter Cage, which looks like a rainbow-vomited, plastic-molded, hamster-sized funhouse of critterdom. Joy.

As for the project updates: The sock isn't turning. I am stuck and I need to see a guru. Pronto. In the meanwhile, I am working on a baby-blanket and hope that it won't take me forever and a day.

Pictures to come.

However, on a completely unrelated topic: Dating, playing cupid and other silly things.

I gave up dating many days ago and for the most part, I'm ok with it. This is mainly to do with the fact that I am a bad dater. Really bad. I say stupid things that really don't orginate from my brain - I swear! and I feel all dorky and I drop things like crazy. That's right, dating makes me clumsier than normal, so please, for the love of God, don't hand me a sharp knife while I'm on a date or my dating partner may have a trip to the emergency room!

With this said, here is the latest in the long string of 'Cupid Moments':

My Cousin Jamie's babysitter has a nephew that she feels needs to date. And then she thought of me and my singleness. So, she gave Cousin Jamie her nephew's MySpace website address and asked that I check it out. I did so. On a black background, a large Anarchist symbol in red is the background for his MySpace. I scroll down and see that he is a big fan of cartoons, Harry Potter and is only 22. That's right. 22. I enjoy younger men, but when the only selling point that Cousin Jamie can point out is that he can legally buy me a drink, it's not much to go on. So Cousin Jamie's babysitter calls me and asks if I have looked at said website and the conversation goes something like this:

Me: "ummm, Cousin Jamie's babysitter, is your nephew an Anarchist?"
Cousin Jamie's babysitter:
Cousin Jamie's babysitter: "ummm.... noooo... He's not an Anarchist. What would make you ask that question?"
Me: "Oh, I looked on his MySpace page and that is what his background picture was and oh, by the way, do you know me? I'm going to be 30 this year and a 22 year-old? What the heck?"
Cousin Jamie's babysitter: "That's why he was laughing when he overheard me giving away his MySpace page address.... wellll.... he's 22 and a bit of a nut and doesn't really go out much and never has had a girlfriend and he should get out more and meet more people and so I thought of you."
Me:

And this is one of many reasons why I appreciate it when people don't fix me up.

No comments: