Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Friday, February 15, 2008

the plague

This is what a sick day at Casa de BideshiGirl looks like. Slippers on, jammies still on, in my new favorite comfy chair looking at patterns. Yep, that's right... baby booties. Did I mention that there are about 14 bajillion girls pregnant right now. Ok, that might be slightly exaggerated, but seriously, watch what you drink ladies!
The Pink Stripey baby blankey is being worked on, even in sickness. No worries, I'll wash this before I give it away. I don't want any sniffley babies on my watch!

Mom has put in a request for socks. She scoped out my sock stash (which doesn't count towards your real stash) and liked these the most. I hope she gets them by her birthday in October. Ladies, please help a knitter out.... stop drinking the water.


Faux Baby Blankey which I have dubbed Fuzzy Wuzzy. A basic dishcloth pattern with super fuzzy yarn. I plan on putting an animal head on top, like a teddy bear. Or llama. I'm not known for my artisic endeavors. Just as long as it does not scare the child in question, all will be well.



The Entrelac Scarf of '07-'08. What wonderful colorways Noro produces. It took me 4 skeins (balls of yarn for you non-knitters) and a ton of time, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed the project.




In fact, I want to knit an entrelac afgan. Maybe next winter. I can't wait for this to be fixed, blocked and ready to show off in person.





Or at least when I'm done sneezing.






1 comment:

Meg said...

I saw someone wearing an Entrelac Scarf the other day. They are soo cool looking! You are miss fancy knitting pants!