Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

when i said change, i meant it

This is an entrelac scarf that Linda H and I took a class to learn to do. Mine has a slight jog in the road, but never fear... my guru says it is fix-able. I love my guru. She is the best. Also, please don't look at my scarred floor. No amount of scrubbing on my hands and knees will make all the scuffs go away. I prefer to look up.
You may have noticed that this is a pair of socks on one needle. I will somehow figure out how to mark it off my To Do Before 31st Birthday List. Aren't they super cool? I just hope to finish these before winter leaves for good.

This is the mystery project. When the person who receives this as a gift gets it, you will get a picture. Fair? It is a wonderful baby alpaca and a carry-along of a merino mix. Delighful to knit with.


This is yet another start to a baby blanky. I'm praying that someone pops out a girl. And that I have this done before that little girl goes home. I have also picked up a ton of baby yarn to start booties and hats, since I know about half a dozen girls who are currently pregnant. I don't have the time/money/creativity/patience to knit that many blankies. So, first come, first serve with this blankey. (Note to self: Don't drink the water)




This little hat has already found a new owner... Nisha's little Maya is the proud owner. What a dollbaby she is!



1 comment:

allie said...

YEAH! Welcome back to the blogging world. I love the pictures and I love the color of the mystery project!