Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Friday, April 27, 2007

leaving ada

No, not forever, just for the weekend. I've been a good girl for way too long and need to get out before I go postal.

Last night I went to Greenwood Grange in Grant, Ohio. For those who are not familiar with Grant, Ohio, let me reassure you that you are not missing much. They don't even rate a stop sign, let alone a stoplight in Grant. There are a couple of houses, a church and the Greenwood Grange. It was so riveting that I knitted through the whole thing. My shawl is coming along nicely :) And like all good Grange events, there was snacks afterwards (jello is a must, however my suggestion of jello shooters was not take to the disamay of many). Grandma F was in her prime last night. I was her chauffer for the occassion and I heard her take on everyone and everything on the way home.

I really need to invest in some good liquor at home.

So, that is why there is going to be a Girls Nite Out. In Columbus. Laura1, Alison, Heather and myself are going out to dinner and then out to drinks. Since we'll be meeting in the Short North, there will probably be tons of cute gay guys. All look and no play. It's probably for the best.

1 comment:

Walker Evans said...

Hooray for the Short North! ;)

...
Walker
www.ColumbusUnderground.com