Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Sunday, May 06, 2007

holy crap, Batman!

May just crept up on me without my permission or wherewithall.

Baby Up-Date:

Wyatt has jowls and sleeps alot.

Tucker is working on his jowls and sleeps alot.

Lauren Catherine got herself born super early and her mommy, Cousin Melissa, should be out of the hospital but Lauren is still there. But that's what happens when you decided that you need to be born early and come out 13 inches and 2 lbs and a quarter oz. They won't let you out until you weigh 5 lbs. So hopefully Lauren will grow super-quick and get sprung from the hospital soon.

So, that was part of the reason to visit Columbus last weekend (a visit to Cousin Melissa), but since Melissa was on the good drugs, I decided not to burden her with one more person to visit. I did meet up with Alison, Heather H and Laura1. Much got discussed, but we have not decided to take over the world quite yet, so please feel safe. And put down your defences. Go off and take a nap. Nope, we won't do nothing.... we promise!

As for this week, I have had the overwhelming urge to leave. The state, the country, my state of mind. Something must leave! Preferably me, but others are welcome to leave also. It has been a long week. Did I mention that already? I went out to the Common Grounds with Linda H and knitted Friday night. Did I mention that we are some wild and crazy gals? Yesterday and today have been spent indoors just hibernating from people. I have had my fill. Maybe tomorrow I will leave and be something resembling social. Or I will just have to fake it.

Then the knitting update: The sock has been put down and I need to turn the heel. The shawl is on hold for now. The baby blanky hasn't seen the light of day for a couple of weeks. The baby hats have been sent to Cousin Melissa (6 at last count, of all different sizes and colors). And my newest project is a Notre Dame scarf for Cousin Steve S who will be attending there this coming fall. Big, fatty green and blue stripes. There could be a hat in this too, but first things first! Oh, and a palate cleansing dishclothe pattern from Linda H. It's something quick, easy, useful and can be done in a couple of hours.

Everyone needs a quicky every now and again.

No comments: