Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Thursday, June 28, 2007

group knitting

Group knitting can be such a fun thing! Linda H and I have been doing some group knitting as of late since 1)we're both single in a very married/child-filled community, 2)have the itching to do so, 3)it's a good way to catch up on gossip. I have learned many a thing and it's enough to make your hair turn white! Somedays, I realize that the 'desh was just a ginormous (I'm sure that probably isn't a word) small town in Ohio. Like my hometown in Ohio, for example. Gossip is rife with various misgivings, bad deeds and that ilk. With that said...

So, hopefully, I will be going to Colorado this coming year for a Year Of Education. My masters. It'll only take about 80-85 grand to make the dream come true. Then I will have to pimp out my services to the highest bidder afterwards to pay for all of that fun. My mom's only request is that I 'go to a nice 3rd world country'. I hope that her request isn't too much to ask. After all, who wants to go to the bad 3rd world countries?

1 comment:

Meg said...

isn't 'nice' or 'bad' just a perspective thing anyway-- throw 3rd world in front of it and I guess it all has to do with if the land mines have been dug up or not.

Rock on lady!