Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Friday, June 08, 2007

Troy and Miranda

A couple of days ago, I received an email from Miranda asking if I was up for guests, namely herself and Troy. OF COURSE! How fun would that be? Tons. I was stinkin' excited!!!

So, Miranda and Troy showed up the night of the 6th (actually the 7th, since it was after midnight) and stay for two nights. I got caught up on everyone (RPCV/'desh) that Miranda knew about. The next day, I introduced them to my family and we went around to various Amish farms searching for strawberries and came home with eggs, maple syrup and a little more gossip. We also saw Shrek the Third and walked around Ada (it wasn't that big of a walk). They left this morning for St. Louis and then to New Orleans. Keep your fingers crossed that they keep safe.

But what leads me to write about this visit is how much I do enjoy having folks show up and letting me cook them breakfast and just visiting away the time. That is one of the good things I really believe that I learned from PC. It was also good to remember some of the better times that we had in the 'desh. It is so easy to dwell on the negative, that the good can be dwarfed in your memory.

No comments: