Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Sunday, July 17, 2005

my inner child is at the bookstore...

Aloha All! Life is very calm as of late and I'm enjoying the leisure time to pursue reading. I'm darn happy that the newest Harry Potter came out and to celebrate, I bought a copy yesterday (I let the kids have the first day) and have knocked down a few chapters already. The only glitch is that I'm having a hard time remembering the last book in detail. It's hard getting older - the memory isn't the same. My mom recently told me, "Laura, don't grow old. It's a b*tch.". Shock me to no end to hear that flying out of her mouth, but I'm sure she meant it in the best possible way.... :D So, if you don't hear from me in the near future, please know it's not from lack of love, but I've got a few hundred pages to go and so little time...

No comments: