Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Sunday, July 24, 2005

wedding sari picture


So this is the promised sari picture, courtesy of Roomie Carrie. As you can tell, it is heavy gorgeous and just plain HEAVY!!! The sucker must of weighed 20 pounds. I needed help to get into a standing position. Somehow, I just don't think this 63, 000 taka (1,000 USD) sari will be bought by me anytime in the future. But it's fun to look! I still need to go to Mirpur 11 and look at the wide variety of wedding sari shops that the neighborhood is renown for. I'll keep you all in the loop when that happens. Have fun! ~Laura

No comments: