Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Monday, March 06, 2006

blackberry wine.... fruit of the vine...

As I sit on my comfy couch and drink a glass of Dad's most recent purchase of blackberry wine from the lovely neighboring state of West Virginia, I think back to this past extended weekend. Chicago was good... very good. I got excellent Megan time and I enjoyed Matt. I saw their wedding video, which will have to do, since I couldn't make it to the real thing. How lovely! Megan got me walking and enjoying the ability to do so! After living in the Midwest (where we drive everywhere) and Bangladesh (where you ride a rickshaw everywhere), I enjoyed just hoofing it and I have the blisters to prove it. The school was good and as of 1 August, I can get 40% off of the tution for being an RPCV! Isn't that crazy? And if I get a second degree, I can get it for 50% off! Who knew?

As for the actually roadtripping itself... Megan can attest that I had a long and extended self-guided tour of Chicago, starting on the South Side, going through China town and eventually (after several mobile calls to Megan) I made it to the very big lake and then went a touch North to Megan and Matt's place. Going home was not as adventurous, but I did not end up going the way that Megan's map told me to go. Nevertheless, I made it home in time for dinner. All's well that ends well.

1 comment:

Meg said...

It was great having you in town! We had a swell time, and loved (!) hearing you speak bangla & ordering with confidence in an Indian resturant (we tend to stick with the buffets).

Big Love-- meg & matt