Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Thursday, March 30, 2006

just a simple update

Nothing exciting lately, except for the pearls. I brought back a large number of pearl earring/necklace sets back from Bangladesh and I just got them appraised by Ernie the Jeweler and I found out I was sitting on a crapload of moola. So, if you are one of the folks that received a pearl set from me, while they aren't AAA quality, they are still worth quite a bit. I cracked up Ernie the Jeweler when I told him that I walked it onto the plane and didn't get taxed for it. He thought it quite rich.

Let me know what your spring plans are and maybe we can get together (yeah, yeah, yeah) and have a swingin' time! This goes for everyone!

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Laura, My gift of pearls is more precious than anything you were told. I was thrilled when you gave them to me. Thanks again.
Hugs,LeeAnn

Andrew said...

Wow- that is great news Fegurson- Stella is right- invest in jewlery!

Kathryn said...

Hey Laura, this is Kathryn, the B8. Remember me? I'm in Columbus, OH now. We should get together next time you make it to Columbus! Email me at magic 4 real at hotmail dot com. I'd be interested what your pearls were appraised for too. :)