Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

letting my inner nerd out to play

I am officially a nerd. And I'm ok with it! I joined the Knit Wits and am the youngest member by a few decades. I am still finishing up this baby blanket for Cousin Nichole (and no one else will EVER get a blanket out of me, unless you liquor me up and then all bets are off) and then I am going to learn to make socks. That's right... socks. I purchased some sock yarn on the web and I will learn to make socks, no matter what. I think that this is something that I can do and even take on the road with me. The scarves maybe dead to me... we'll see.

Speaking of liquor.... I need to just go out and buy some! I am living in a 'dry' house and the wrongness factor is high. I lived in a Muslim, dry country and had more liquor then than I do now. (God Bless Thailand and the King's duty-free shopping extravaganza at the Bangkok Airport.) Again, with the high wrongness factor. hmmmm... I think that I will have to go out and do something about this. My liver needs the occassional pickling. Sweetie can vouch for this.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Very cool new blog- maybe I will bring a house warming bottle or two.