Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Friday, November 24, 2006

the turkey is dead... long live the turkey

I'm all nerded up today... I received my sock yarn in the mail today. 3 skeins and a pattern and about did a jig in the post office! But it will have to be delayed gratificatioin for the socks. glitch. I still have to finish baby Bryden's blanky (3 months of knitting and counting) and knock out some red scarves. I finished off a deep mulberry red one and have started a bright red lovely scarf. I have my pattern perfected and it takes me less than a day (if I'm not too distracted). Come January, I will have to mail them off and then I can start my first pair of socks. I need to finangle a small instruction course on double-pointed needles, but I think that I can bribe or sweet talk a lesson.

Now I just have to come up with a nice white elephant gift that isn't a white elephant. hmmm.... I have started into making mixes and good stuff like that. I think that tomorrow I will start an assembly line to make mixes. That means I have buy dry measuring cups and measuring spoons. That is something that didn't make it to the move. I have no clue where they are. hmmm... How badly do I want to fight the crowds today? Maybe I can sweet talk Sweetie when we go to the movies this evening.

1 comment:

Meg said...

My goodness lady! you've been busy! I think that I'll try to be sneaky and help end your drought at the end of December!
That dressing recipe was a hit! Everyone who doesn't like dressing b/c of the ground up bits of turkey guts ate my alternative vegan friendly version and loved it! You ROCK.