Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

orphans

I'm going to add a new link to the right to support the orphans... and no I'm not being melodramatic (at least not today). I'm trying to get folks to make and send red scarves to the Orphan Foundation of America's Care Package project. These are college kids who have aged out of the foster care system and are going to college. Since they are orphans, they don't have anyone to send them care packages, thus you and I step up (along with some corporate sponsers). I've made a couple of scarves thus far, but the more the merrier. And I think that I have convinced the ladies at Knit Wits to also participate, so more good news.

So officially, I want YOU to be a joiner.... a sheep if you will. Pull out your yarn and knit or crochet. Or just make cocoa for your buddy who does.

No comments: