Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Friday, May 25, 2007

every girl needs a guru

I am a fortunate sock knitter, since I have my very own personal sock-knitting guru. Her name is Jane. I love the fact that Jane will invite me to her house or meet up with me up at Jitterz (local coffeeshop) and fix all my oops. And believe you me, there are quite a few of those!

However, after this last trip to her house, she just might want to meet up with at Jitterz only. I was a bit of a holy terror and should have come with a disclaimer concerning my lack of grace! I stepped on a pot saucer and broke it! How embarrassing! I kept walking into things. She must of thought I had a nip of something before I came. However, Bea, Bea's friend, Jane and I retired to the living room and Jane saved my butt yet again. Picking up gusset stitches is something that I have yet to perfect. However, my second pair of socks is coming along swimmingly despite my gusset issues. I think that I also want to figure out a toe-up pattern, maybe with a cable. So many different projects I want to do and only two hands to do them with!

Well, I hope that everyone has fun this Memorial Day weekend! Take care.

No comments: