Some censuring Readers will scornfully say, why hath this Lady writ her own life? Since none cares to know whose daughter she was or whose wife she is, or how she was bred, or what fortunes she had, or how she lived, or what humor or disposition she was of? I answer that is true, that 'tis to no purpose to the Readers, but it is to the Authoress, because I write it for my own sake, not theirs. ~Margaret Cavendish in 1655

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Number 752

Why my mom rocks. My mom generally keeps me on my toes. No kidding. This year for Christmas, she gave me the gift of music. One mandolin lesson from a current prof at 2 different universities. I finally used the gift this evening and had a wonderful time with Dave. He gave me the basics and said "Now, go practice". And so I shall.

So, to recap my Goals Before 30:
Learn to knit socks. Check.

Learn to ride a horse. Cousin Jamie rode this past weekend on the mounted posse, so she might be ready to dish out some lessons.

Learn to play a stringed instrument. You just read about the lesson. I never planned on being good, just have the gist of how to do it. Half check

Learn to shoot a gun. Nope, haven't even started that. hmmmm... I think that I need to do some sweet talking to someone on that.

Learn to drive a motorcycle. Nope, don't have that one started either.

Ok, so I have procrasinated on almost all of them. It's in my nature :D

However, the good thing is that every year I have a birthday and goals like this can roll over into the next year.

No comments: